Do your work-from-home video conference calls make you hyper-aware of the fine lines around your eyes, nose, and mouth? Before you turn the camera off or insist on voice-only meetings, take a look at what you need to know about Botox and dermal filler treatment options.
Who Can Use Botulinum Toxin Therapy?
Botulinum toxin therapy for cosmetic reasons generally is not recommended for anyone under 18. You can choose this cosmetic injectable to freshen your video call appearance if:
- You want to smooth fine lines. Dermal fillers can effectively smooth frown lines, lip lines, crow's feet, and lighter forehead furrows. But this type of aesthetic enhancer won't eliminate deep lines or larger wrinkles.
- You're a woman or a man. Injectable fillers aren't just for women. Men can also choose this skin-smoothing option.
- You don't have a contraindication. Talk to your medical provider about possible reactions before your appointment. If you have a known allergy to this or another filler or you have a facial infection, botulinum toxin injections aren't advisable.
There's no universal age to start using dermal fillers. If you're not happy with your video call or real-life appearance, talk to your cosmetic or dermatologic provider about the benefits of Botox treatment.
How Quickly and Long Will Botulinum Toxin Therapy Work?
You may have a full schedule of video calls and want immediate aesthetic results. This may mean you don't have time to wait for creams and lotions to smooth fine lines or give your skin a fresh glow. Instead of topical options, a dermal filler takes less time to work. While results may vary, botulinum toxin therapy:
- Can work within one week. You may see fine line reduction within three to seven days after the injection procedure.
- Can last for several months. Dermal fillers aren't permanent treatments. But that doesn't mean the results will fade quickly. You may see a noticeable improvement in the appearance of fine lines for several months post-injection.
- May last longer with repeated treatments. Repeated botulinum toxin treatments can cause the muscles (at the injection site) to thin. This can lead to longer-lasting, but not permanent, results.
Even though it may take up to a week to see full results, you won't need to take time off from work, school, or other activities. Dermal injectable fillers come with the added benefit of little to no downtime. Contact a Botox treatment clinic for more information.